On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tricks showcase for November 2011

I made another big montage of nearly all the tricks we've been working on! It's always a fun project for me, because I think about how far Dragon has come. When I made the last tricks showcase in April, he was still learning heel position by pivoting around on a bowl. Now he's doing full heeling in a semi-distracting environment, and I'm working on fixing up some of my footwork. In April I had just gotten him to retrieve a teeny little leash tab, and now he'll retrieve his harness, toys, dumbbell, metal canning rings, leather rings, pens, plastic bottles... (I love teaching retrieving!) This month also shows him at his best on the wobble board -- on a pivot eight inches off the ground, with my foot kicking the board up and down.



My favorite moments:
The pivoting right at the beginning
Stacking bowls at 1:21 (that's such a cool trick)
Trying to find the platform with his back feet at 3:44
I walk away from the wobble board and he's still tipping it at 5:00

So proud of my puppy!

2 comments:

  1. I love how he stands in the basket when cleaning up toys :) And what great balance on the 4 paws in a dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, he's combining two tricks there. I haven't bothered to "fix" that because it's so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete