On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tiny Dog torture.

Today I created a mannequin. A Dragon-sized mannequin. I could have carefully taken his measurements, created a pattern, and sewed one together, but that would have taken a lot of work and time. So instead, I used the classic "wrap the oddly-shaped item in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of duct tape, and then cut off the duct tape shell."

IMG_1915

That's right. I wrapped my dog in duct tape.

IMG_1920

I didn't have the heart to take any pictures mid-wrap. He was so confused and unhappy. He tolerated it, though, and as soon as I had cut it off, he shook and then wagged his tail and tried to get me to play with him. He's quite forgiving.

It's a little bit bigger than his body is underneath all that fur, but otherwise it's super useful to have a model so that I can make nicely fitted clothes.

IMG_1918

This is a coat I made with the same pattern as his first fleece coat (pre-mannequin), with a pleated skirt added.

IMG_1924

He's got something to say about it.

IMG_1926

As usual, it's reversible, because why make just one coat when you can easily make two?

Also, here's a cute sweater that I bought for him a couple months back:

IMG_1932

God, look at those ears. They're like satellites when they move around.

I DRESS MY TINY DOG IN CLOTHES AND I AM NOT ASHAMED.

No comments:

Post a Comment