On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Agility Foundation, week 4 recap

I sprained my right ankle on Tuesday morning, but that's no reason to miss agility class today! I sat out the circle work and modified the other exercises so that I could stand in one place. Bobby, the assistant, ran Dragon through the circle work sequences, which included a front cross, 180 pull, acceleration, deceleration, and going through the tunnel a total of three times. I thought that he wouldn't run for her, but once he saw that she had the chicken, he was very happy to do it! A couple of times he looked back at me and ran back to me, but she was able to get his attention back.

I practiced jumping by doing a short lead out and standing by the standard so that Dragon did a collected "jump" (the bars were all on the ground) and turned into me. He can do extended jumping just fine, and I've been wanting to develop his collected jumping/turning skills, so this was great. I also had him run across the dog walk board to his toy thrown ahead, and sent him to the table from a short distance. We had a good time despite the sprained ankle and I was glad that I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment