On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dumbbell sizing

After doing quite a bit of work to help Dragon learn to pick up his dumbbell straight (behind both canines, and not sticking out in front of one of them), I was concerned that he still wasn't consistently able to do it. I noticed that he was more reliable when the dumbbell was held in the air or laying on the carpet than on a hard surface, and I wondered if perhaps the bells were too short. I took a video:




And I captured some stills from the video:

dumbbell practice

dumbbell practice

dumbbell practice

dumbbell practice

dumbbell practice

Yes, it does look like he is hitting his nose against the floor as he picks it up. Poor guy! This dumbbell has bells that are 4 cm high, and the bit is 4 cm long. I have ordered a new one that is the same length but 5 cm high. Hopefully that will solve the "crooked pick-up" issue. (1 cm is a big difference when you're a tiny dog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment