On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Agility recap

Dragon was a bit cheeky in agility class. Three times he ran away from me to go on the teeter. Well, that's not a bad problem to have! We ran the lowered dog walk and he did well when I was running along with him. I can't get him to drive ahead quickly, even when I'm throwing the toy forward. Next week I will position his crate about ten feet past the end and have him run into it. He LOVES running into his crate on cue and will race quickly ahead of me when I send him. I don't really understand it.

I worked on getting him reved up and playing as a reward. I think I ended up wrestling and having him bite my hands as a reward more often than I gave him chicken.

He still gets distracted by other people Doing Things. We'll be playing and then he stops and watches someone else. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment