On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sick puppy

Dragon's been constipated and then having diarrhea on and off for a couple of days. Today he turned up his nose at both of his regular foods, though he did eat some small treats. He threw up bile and mucus (fortunately that happened in the bathtub while I was washing his butt off). We skipped agility class and he slept most of the day. In the evening I made him a most delicious dinner of brown rice and boiled chicken.

IMG_2642

His brother would have stolen it if I hadn't been there to intervene.

IMG_2641

IMG_2646

I hope this illness passes soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, poor baby. Do you know what's wrong with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea! I can't think of anything weird that he ingested. It's possible he caught a stomach virus from another dog or some other pathogen from drinking from puddles. (It's been raining here all week.)

    This morning he was more perky and didn't poop all morning. Don't know how his poop was while I was working (he was with the daycare dogs). At the end of my shift I took him out for a last potty break and he had more diarrhea.

    His regular vet is closed for the weekend. If he doesn't get worse before then, I'll take him in on Monday. His gums look good and he doesn't seem dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete