On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome!

I decided to make a formal journal to collect my pictures, videos, and writings about Dragon. This will be a log of our adventures as we explore the world together. I will also be making posts about my training progress and plans with him.

I brought Dragon home in January, when he was 8 months old. His first family lived in a rural area and he rarely left their home, so he is getting a late start in learning about the wide world around him. I have been clicker training him since I brought him home in January. He has learned lots of cool tricks, like backing up steps, hugging a toy with his front legs, and pivoting around a bowl. We have been training for K9 Nosework for a few months and recently started private agility lessons. We are currently enrolled in a Control Unleashed class to provide a good foundation for focus around distractions.

As of this post, Dragon is 1 year and 2 months old, and weighs about 8 pounds (though he should gain just a bit of weight -- he's tall for a papillon). My hope for him is that he will grow up to be a well-behaved dog who can go anywhere with me, that he will continue to enjoy learning tricks with me, and that we will have fun competing in various dog sports together.

No comments:

Post a Comment