On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

8.2 mile hike in Redwood

Last Thursday I left our day free so that I could hike in the woods as long as I wanted. We went to Redwood Regional Park, my favorite local park, and did an 8.2 mile loop. It's a well-used bike trail, so the path was wide and well-marked, though there was one section where the map was misleading and I had to ask a ranger for directions (I was very fortunate that there happened to be a ranger station close by!).

I brought along my new fanny pack, water bottle, and visor, food for the both of us, and my trusty camera. The hike took us four and a half hours. It was a beautiful, foggy day. Plenty of pictures below:

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park

Redwood Regional Park
Note Dragon standing to the right of the path, in the grass. He's standing upright, and the path is at about a 45 degree angle here.

Redwood Regional Park

 Aftermath of the hike:
bath time
Dragon's first bath!

bath time
Filthy dog. It took me FORTY MINUTES to carefully brush all the burrs out of this tiny dog.

bath time

bath time

I also recorded a great video of Dragon climbing a fallen tree trunk. This was something he did naturally and I've encouraged it, although sometimes it can be a bit scary -- the apex of his climb here was about 10 feet above the ground.



And a video that just shows off our training at the park. This shows a couple of stays as well as "real-life agility" -- jumping onto a tree trunk lying on the ground and walking across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment