On the adventures and training of Cinnamon Snapdragon, a papillon destined for greatness.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vet check scheduled

Dragon has a vet appointment on Thursday to get his teeth checked. I've noticed for a little while now that he would sometimes abruptly stop playing and not want to go back to it. This was happening both with toys and when we wrestle with my hands. It wasn't too frequent, and I wasn't sure if it was due to something uncomfortable in his jaw/teeth, or if he was hearing something that unsettled him and the problem was with his comfort level/play drive. Finally yesterday we were working on holding a plastic tube in his mouth without moving or chewing on it, and I was super excited because I was finally getting some microsecond holding action, when all of a sudden he dropped the tube and didn't want to put his mouth anywhere near it. I called the vet immediately to schedule a check-up.

In the meantime he's still chewing on a pig hoof every day, is still playing tug with the soft toys, and is still eating his food/treats normally. He even ate two chicken feet twice this week, though perhaps he ate more slowly than usual. So I'm not sure what the vet will find.

2 comments:

  1. I hope his teeth are ok and there's nothing wrong with his jaw :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. His friend Jacques the papillon is only a few years old and has significant bone loss in the roots of his teeth, and is losing teeth already. I really hope that we don't end up with a problem like that.

    ReplyDelete